[ACT] Trees Pay Us Back, Friends of Trees Milestone, ACT Executive Director Job

Leland Milstein leland at actrees.org
Mon Jan 10 16:49:37 EST 2011

Seeing only text and no pictures? View the newsletter here: http://actrees.org/files/Newsletter/treebune_11jan10.html

January 10, 2011

ABOUT US
Alliance for Community
Trees is dedicated to improving the environment where 80% of Americans
live: our cities, towns, and villages. Together, ACT's national
network of members have planted and cared for 15 million trees with
help from over 5 million volunteers.

NATIONAL SPONSOR

SUPPORT ACT

NATIONAL NEWS
How trees pay us back
(Richfield, OH)- Growers, landscapers, arborists and the entire green
industry understand that trees matter. Yet we sometimes undersell the
power of this message. Though we hear a great deal about the greening
of America, somehow this does not always translate to the original
green industry for our customers. Instead "green" for most people
tends to mean renewable energy, recycling, carpooling and hybrid
vehicles- all good things, but not what we mean by the green industry.

Read the full story

LOCAL STORY
Friends of Trees plants 400,000th tree
(Portland, OR)- Friends of Trees planted its 400,000th tree during an
I-205 community event. The group is currently about midway through a
three-year plan with Metro and the Oregon Department of Transportation
to plant trees along the 16.5-mile I-205 multi-use path. It's the
biggest single planting by the group this year, with plans for 1,500
trees. Overall, the organization will plant 4,000 to 5,000 trees for
the I-205 project.

Read the full story

GREEN JOBS
Executive Director, Alliance for Community Trees
(Washington, DC)- The Executive Director is the senior leader of the
Alliance for Community Trees, a national federation of state and local
organizations dedicated to urban forest stewardship. ACT seeks an
entrepreneurial, creative leader who is passionate about the
environment and is a strong champion of local, on-the-ground action to
create cleaner, greener and healthier communities.

Read the full story

Please use and share ACT's materials freely with anyone interested in
urban forestry, but with this copyright notice intact. Send a copy of
the cited publication to:
Alliance for Community Trees • 4603 Calvert Road • College Park, MD
20740 • info at actrees.org
Copyright (c) 2010 Alliance for Community Trees

To Subscribe:
friends at actrees.org
an announce-only list for ACT's NeighborWoods Network
http://actrees.org/site/lists/friends

To Unsubscribe: