[kj] worst ever thread

Alexander Smith gathering@misera.net
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:41:03 -0500

--Apple-Mail-2-805015891
	delsp=yes;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	format=flowed

I tell ya.....hats off to Paul for this thread! As nasty as it seems on
the surface, some real truths are coming to light, along with the
liberation of several skeletons from several respective closets. For a
start, I cannot *FATHOM * all the hate for the NIGHTTIME era, and how
anyone could rate "Europe" as one of the band's "worst ever tracks"
blows a new part in my hair. To each their own, I guess. Once again,
it's a testament to the wide-ranging appeal of Killing Joke.

Alex "Flabbergasted" in NYC

On Thursday, February 26, 2004, at 01:41 PM, Tom Foolery wrote:

> 1. worst ever album
> Democracy
>
> 2. worst ever single
> Loose Cannon
>
> 3. worst ever tracks (other than singles)
> Virtually all of BTATS OTG & Democracy
>
> 4. worst ever tracks (other than singles and DEMOCRACY/OTG)
> Europe, Multitudes, Dominator, Lust Almighty
>
> 5. worst ever single cover
> LLB
>
> 6. worst ever album cover
> The most recent
>
> 7. worst ever haircut
> Any of Geordie's pre-quiff
>
> 8. worst ever riff
> Democracy yet again
>
> 9. worst ever bassline
> Primitive
>
> 10. worst ever bass player
> Yoof I suppose
>

> 11. worst ever drummer
> That cunt from Nirvana
>
> 12. worst ever tour
> Democracy
>

> 13. worst ever live track
> Eighties 'cos they always fuck it up
>

> 14. worst ever photo / photo shoot
> ADORATIONS - Raven in a leather trenchcoat displaying a nipple YUKKKK
>

> 15. worst ever broken promise
> They never promised me anything
>
> 16. worst ever
> making-fools-of-themselves-by-playing-into-the-hands-of-their-ememies-
> in-the-music-press
> incident
> Releasing anything since Extremities
>

> 17. worst ever video
> Loose Cannon
>
> 18. worst ever lyric(s)
> Last album- cringeworthy
>

> 19. worst ever side project
> Brilliant- most inappropriate bandname of all time
>

> luv from
>
> Stimro
>
> "Mummy, what's a Killing Joke?"
>
> "A Whoopee cushion packed with Semtex"

<image.tiff>

--Apple-Mail-2-805015891

[...]

<italic>"A Whoopee cushion packed with Semtex"</italic>

</excerpt>

<excerpt>

</excerpt><<image.tiff>

<excerpt>