[kj] Casey Chaos talks up KJ

NEIL PERRY gathering@misera.net
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:35:19 +0000 (GMT)

>From this month's Toffee Hammer, news item on Amen:

'On the upside to all this heartache has been a full
US tour with punk legends Killing Joke which lead to
Chaos and Joke frontman Jaz Coleman being referred to
by one wag as "the father and son having deep
conversations over in the dark corner".
Casey Chaos: "There are a lot of singers that seem to
be acting that 'crazy frontman guy' yet when you meet
them they're all totally normal. Where as with Killing
Joke, they're a whole band of nutbags! It's no wonder
they changed the face of music. On the first day of
the tour Jaz said to me, 'have your eyes seen what
mine have seen?' so I said, 'No, I don't think so'.
Then he went, 'do you know mesma?' I didn't know what
the hell he was talking about. He was actually asking
me if I knew how to mesmerise! He said everything I
did was exciting and that he hadn't been that up about
a band for 11 years!
Every night we played, Jaz was right down the front
watching us. He wants us to move to Prague just so he
can record an EP with us but I've told him that we
just don't have the money. He told me not to worry: 'I
know one in four people in the Czech Republic, which
means you know them too.' That guy just doesn't
bullshit. He took me under his wing as if I was his
own son. He's one in a billion."'

Followed by a pic of Jaz with his arms around Casey
and SOAD's Daron Malakian, with Jaz and Casey indeed
looking like father and son. Good luck Casey...