[kj] Nervous Breakdown

Graeme Rowland crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 10:31:43 EDT 2005

The advert is going to get made whether the music of
Black Flag is used in it or not. Surely it'd be better
if every advert had music from hardcore bands as a
soundtrack, rather than bland MOR from the likes of
Rod Stewrat, Jefferson Starship, etc? These
advertisers will even pay Greg Ginn for the privilege
of having his music played over and over to millions.
However maybe "No More" would've been a more
appropriate choice?

 --- Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

> In terms of the usage of certain songs for the
> purposes of advertising,
> I don't claim to own these bands nor their art, but
> I have every right
> to lament the fact that they're allowing their art
> to be compromised
> for commerce. It's wide spread, now, but that
> doesn't make it right.
>
> In terms of seeing images associated with music used
> solely as fashion
> accessories, I'd only point out that they mean
> different things to
> different people. Some people hold certain
> iconography dear, some
> don't. If, as you so labouriously point out day in
> and day out, you are
> not bothered either way, why do you stick around to
> pollute a list
> populated by people who clearly *DO* take such
> things seriously?
>
> Alex in NYC

Cracked Machine irregular cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

"What one thinks of as extremes seldom are" :: BC Gilbert