[kj] OT - Bass play

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Wed May 18 10:22:22 EDT 2005

There are octrave pedal that will do the trick.  Some sound good. some don't
  I would definately find a bass version.  As it does make a difference.
Beyond that you need to make sure that you amp and speakers can handle the
range.  Most bass amps and cabs worth their weight can do it.  Think of
Godflesh.All of that was a minimum octave down if not two or three in some
cases.  And they always pulled it off live so it is not studio trickery.  It
will sound better if you actually tune down as opposed to using a pedal.
But the thing to keep in mind is that you have to get bigger string s to
keep the tension correct on the bass neck.  And bass necks are much more
finicky.

Good luck

Breed Like Rats

Chris