[kj] [Fwd: lost playground]]

Robert Mallett Robert at jrcardwell.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Aug 20 12:35:57 EDT 2006

Strangely enough I'm listening to Electric Wizard quite a bit at the moment
especially 'Dopethrone' and 'We Live'
don't know why they've seen fit do do the old remastered reissues with bonus
tracks thing though - are the remastered versions much different.

I'm quite keen on the latest Om album too

Well I've bought the remastered Come My Fanatics and We Live and perhaps the
sound is a bit clearer; you know how sludgy Wizard can sound. Also I think
some of the albums were out of stock at Rise Above so maybe Lee Dorrin
thought of remastering before re-leasing. He's a sound geezer after all.
OM's two albums are both terrific. Conference of the Birds sounds more
polished but terrific played at volume. True innovation.

bob