[kj] Tribal Freedom

Neil Perry neilfperry at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 6 07:06:21 EST 2006

An old friend of mine who saw KJ with me in 1982 and who
has hardly listened to them since thinks Hosannas is amazing
(I made them listen to it). She knew instantly it was Killing Joke.

(And you're thinking, so... what...)

Thing is, I just don't get it; I don't understand why some
gatherers think Hosannas is so bad. I'm listening to a
career-spanning CD I made right now and the Hosannas
tracks sit perfectly, mixed up with everything else. Nothing to make
you think, Ooh, this must have been their shit period.
Judas Goat? Stunning. Invocation, Majestic (which has a
*very* Firedances-y section in it), Lightbringer, Walking With Gods -
fantastic stuff. Dripping with the essence of Killing Joke.
Implosion would have sat comfortably on Extremities. Like
I say, I Just. Don't. Get. It. I hope for your sakes it isn't their last.

Leigh Newton <angrytomhanks at yahoo.com> wrote: Korn? Christina Aguliria? Have you been frozen in ice since 1999 or something? Hosannas is a horrible album by a once great band. Every band starts to suck eventually. Unless they call it quits first. It's hard to come to terms with the eventual suckitude but, darnitall, it's the right thing to do.