[kj] Members of Killing Joke

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 12:42:12 EDT 2006

'Heldom', I vaguely remember Raven once saying.

Bassist in 'America' video is Jerome Rimson.

I think in terms of the fanzine you are doing it would be useful to
distinguish between those who have had some sort of creative input, and
session musicians or live stand-ins.

(Apart from Jaz, Geordie, Big Paul, Youth and Raven) I'd suggest Atkins,
Bechdel, Grohl and Benny are the only ones who could be said to have
contributed musically. Vrenna did his own thing but it was only one minor
track. Dugmore plays on a lot of stuff but it sounds generic to my untrained
ears. Producers have probably shaped the KJ sound more than the long list
that fall into the latter of the above categories, Kimsey especially. Dave
Kovachevic was the mainstay on keyboards in the mid '80s, but I'm not sure
Jaz would have let him do anything other than play what he was told! But I
reckon you can hear a bit of Bechdel's influence on ED&VRE.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel: Honey Bane!