[kj] GG Allin

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 29 17:19:19 EDT 2007

I always heard his master plan was to bring an AK-47 to his last show,
off the entire audience, thent urn the gun on himself.

The rumor added an extra bit of intensiy and fear to any and every GG
Allin show. Would this be the show where he comes on stage with the AK?
Oh shit!

He never did it.

But towards the ends, in the golden age of trash talk show TV (Morton
Downey Jr, etc.) he would appeara, bald, with goth/fetish chicks and
fans all around him -- and honestly I think marilyn Manson stole some of
GG's "sick fuck" type ideas. Only GG really was pure, authentic DIY. He
would never refuse an interview with any small time, piss ant DIY
photocopy punk zine, no matter how insignificant, would diligently write
back to people whow roete him, and really, truly, "lived the life." He
set the bar for sick fuck scum punk, for whatever that's worth.

-Oliver