[kj] The Only Poll That Matters - T.B.'s Favorite Albums of '06

Robert Mallett robert at jrcardwell.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Jan 6 04:52:55 EST 2007

Nice snapshot of Van Halen; would've loved to have seen that, especially as
I bought the album as soon as it came out the following year.

It's impossible to pick out one single Wizard album as they are all - in my
opinion - outstandingly brilliant and should be judged as one single body
of work, even if they are diverse from one another in the extreme. However,
if forced to recommend an 'initiation' (well chosen word there!) I would say
give Dopethrone a shot followed by Come My Fanatics. It seriously helps if
you smoke weed, which sounds dead corny I know but you'll see what I mean.
Loud and late at night, preferably on your own - then you should see what
the fuss is all about. Live they are immense, even without Mark Greening's
drumming and Tim Bagshaw's evil bass. But check out Cathedral too; the last
album Garden of Unearthly Delights is total genius.

Is the Lamb of God vocalist a junkhead? that would be reason enough to push
the eject on the guy.

Cheers,
Bob