[kj] O/T HELP! GatheringAdviceBureau -

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Mon Jul 23 09:15:26 EDT 2007

As Jerry says, it's a piece of piss. As you're using a UK email addy, this
link should help.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_rights/legal_system/small_claims.ht

I've gone through it a couple of times, and it's really straightforward.
Only irritating thing is that you have to pay the fees up front, to be
claimed back from the other party at the point of judgement, and they
didn't pay in either of the cases I started, so I then had to take out
another lawsuit to enforce the settlement. Got the cash back in the end,
though. Seems weird that you can get a judgement against someone but there's
no obligation to pay as a result, but that's the way it seems to work.

Best of luck,

Darren

Hungerford, UK