[kj] Shot in the dark question for any fans of "martial pop, " "military ...

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 11 08:46:32 EDT 2007

My gripe is thats o little of this music (at least that I have heard so
far) acually employs martial or military cadence-style drumming. You can
almost still find more of that in old Killing Joke than in a lot of this
stuff I've heard, which tends towards ambient. But I'm no guru on the
genre. Still, like I said I think the military-style drumming of KJ's
"Rejuvenation," or the heavy-on-the-toms drumming of "Unspeakable" is
still a standard or model a lot of these "military pop" bands haven't
matched yet, at least percussively. Again, I'd like to be proven wrong,
and not just listen to audio samples of rallies in Nuremberg from the
1930s with some ominous violin laid over it.

-Oliver