[kj] Celtic fan vs Dida attack

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Fri Oct 5 20:37:34 EDT 2007

One of the most disgusting displays of unmanly and unsportsmanly behaviour
I've ever seen.

Now rugby on the other hand.

If ever there was one moment when Wayne "Buck" Shelford embedded his name
forever into rugby's rich history, it was during the infamous "Battle of
Nantes" in 1986.

Playing only his second Test for the All Blacks against a physically
intimidating French side, Shelford found himself at the bottom of a rather
aggressive ruck on 20 minutes.

An errant Les Bleus stud found its way to his groin, where it somehow
managed to tear his scrotum, leaving one testicle hanging out.

This alone would leave most men screaming in agony and heading for the
nearest hospital. But not Shelford.

He calmly instructed the physio to stitch him up.

The French public were gobsmacked as an over-eager pitchside cameraman
filmed the stomach-turning surgery, and even more so when Shelford returned
to the field and carried on playing.

:-)

_____