[kj] Killing Joke's career

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Sat Dec 20 12:43:56 EST 2008

Cheers Darren.any chance of a couple cliff's notes for one or two to get me
started?

I'm well into prog / psychedelic / stoner rock / genre-spanning stuff,
although my tastes are a little more rock / grunge / metal / pop mainstream
than a lot of other gatherers. Just lamenting the lack of decent
contemporary bands at the moment, it really seems like most bands worth
seeing live are 70s / 80s / 90s veterans. Which is a sign of something on
the decline. I can't see any argument being made that this decade is as good
as or better than the previous 3, the other ones were pretty much debatable
depending on taste. I'd have a hugely hard time choosing a decade, you'd
have to point a gun at me to get me to choose.

_____