[kj] OT: listening under the Influence...

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 26 06:46:21 EST 2008

I don't think VICTORIOUS CITY is really all that far, though. I mean,
listen to "Force and Fire," and you can practically hear Geordie
playing something similar on his guitar. In that instance, it's merely
a difference of instrumentation. It's probably the Jaz solo (well,
quasi-solo) piece I'm likely to play the most (read: at all).

But yeah, I bought Oceana and Fanfare for the Common Man (or whatever
it was) -- both off eBay for handsome sums, if memory serves. Suffice
it to say, while they're interesting via their association to Killing
Joke, they don't get a lot of airtime on Radio A.L.E.X., so to speak.

Alex in NYC