[kj] So 80s

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 15:50:17 EDT 2008

Cope and Duffy have/had more talent than Mac & Co! I think they took
themselves a bit too seriously. 'The Cutter', 'Bring on the Dancing Horses',
'Seven Seas'... great pop songs.

Generally I'd say "80s pop" is a fairly broad category. Even NEW ORDER were
pop in my book. There's nothing wrong with being a pop band - no need to
call yourself "Indie" for credibility's sake.

Not sure about HALL & OATES, though! Blimey, I thought my DURAN DURAN
admission was bad.

The one and only NIK KERSHAW, though... fuckin' rock on.

MADNESS were good too.