[kj] Wikipedia entry on Jaz Coleman

Bette Dillinger bettedillinger at live.com
Thu Jun 26 19:12:20 EDT 2008

LOL. Yes I have read that entry. Oh man.

First, using the standard bell curve that the MMPI and other IQ tests use, it is impossible to have an IQ of 190, as it would be to have an IQ of 10.

But the most important thing is that J. Coleman is invoking a standardized test, created by the wealthy white men he purports to detest. Thus, he is solidly perpetuating the status quo.

Also, I could not see him sitting his butt down for one and a half to three hours, which is the typical time that it takes to administer something like the MMPI, the most popular test in the US. He never appeared to have a great attention span, yeah?

I am surprised he hasn't heard of the debate about the discriminatory nature of the IQ test, in that it favors the children of wealth to such a nauseating extent. In fact, many universities are rejecting it due to the many studies that show there is no relationship between IQ scores and performance, since schooling is not a timed test.

-Bette