[kj] OT - The Exorcist

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Mon Sep 8 07:32:30 EDT 2008

I'm certain you're right. Saw a Brian Clemens film with Mia Farrow and
fucking Paul Nicolas of all people called "Blind Terror" at around the same
age, where she's blind, and returns to her house not realising that her
entire family are slaughtered. Only cottons on when she gets into the bath
with a dead Robin Bailey, and then spends the rest of the film pursued by
the (clearly not very effective) psycho while running the gamut of blind
clichés (walking across broken glass n bare feet etc.). Found it recently on
DVD under the title "See No Evil", and it's rubbish, but I've spent a good
many hours since watching shitty films trying to replicate that sort of
childhood headrush.

And the Evil Dead is great! Remember freaking out my younger sister with the
pencil-in-the-ankle scene (I judged her too tender to endure the
rape-by-tree, especially as Jaws gave her nightmares for months) at the
height of the Video Nasty furore, the result of which was to inspire me to
track down all the films I was banned from seeing on VHS from dodgy video
shop dealers in over-priced, under-the-counter transactions. Bloody Daily
Mail.

Darren
Hungerford, UK