[kj] Top 50 songs of 2000-2010

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 16 12:13:14 EDT 2010

He's not as obscure as your blog, true.

Jay Reatard's profile rose when he died, but some of us were adamant
followers of his trajectory from the Reatards to Lost Sounds, to his
solo stuff with Tv Sth of the Adverts, t Nervous Patterns, to Final
Solutions, etc., etc.

I find it ironic I am on an email list of a band that began in the late
1970s yet I am being taken to the cleaners for claiming a genuinely
talented artist made at least one good song in the last decade, above My
Chemical romance. That is pretty fucking pathetic.

i've broached lots of new bands here: The Complications, Inepsy,
Tyrades, World Burns to Death, tTragedy, etc. Generally it's met with
disdain. I suppose Busta Rhymes, Posta Service, and LCD Soundsystem is
the way to go.

*retch*

-0liver