[kj] New Topic-Super Groups

ADRIAN WASON adrianwason at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 15 14:20:42 EST 2010

I bought a cd by a 'supergroup'- i hate that expression as i was hoping to see the support band October File(as I was still crying that they couldn't play at the gig in Camden Underworld I think in 07.I couldn't make the gig much to my frustration but the band was called Celan & u can look them up but basically sound like a musch classier version of Unsane who I'd never heard b4 and i bought 4 of their cds and theres about 2 good tracks on each ( a bit like the last few killing joke albums) then but still the good tracks were GOOD. But the Celan album has at least 6 good tracks on it.

That sent me thinking of kj related supergroups
1)Pigface-1 good track
2)Murder Inc- At least 6 good tracks an awesome advert for geordie's riffs only spoilt by that scottish twat who sounds like the thin white duke. How would have this sounded like as a killing joke album.always remember the headline killin joke drop jaz coleman.
3)Damage Manual-What a fuckin waste of geordies riffs:
Age of Urges
Peepshow Ghosts
Blame & Demand
Damage Addict
& theres another one i can't remember.

The show was good with wobble playing on a sofa with his bac turned to the audience-everyone there just looked at each other at the sound sorry wrong word-IMPACT of the bass in a way that no words can mention.

So in the spirit of new music i would like to hear a group consisting of :
Vocals: Paul Draper (Mansun)-anyone who hasn't heard of him listen to Cancer on Six & Railings-a Howard Devoto collaberation-he plays guitar as well
Guitars: Geordie (Of Course)
Bass: Wobble
Drums: Ted
All the Electronic Bollocks-Charlie Clouser

That would do it for me anyone sugest anything better-I've always liked Barney & Hooky from New Order and feel that they've underacheived. Die Krupps had their moment with 'To The Hilt' and Alec Empire has done some outstanding work on average say 4 good tracks per album apart from the last one which was shit.