[kj] OT: Meat Puppets

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Fri Apr 22 02:17:23 EDT 2011

On a much different note: Anyone heard the brand new Meat Puppets album? It's quite good. Also the newest album from Minuteman/Firehose/Porno for Pyros/
Iggy and the Stooges (for the past 8 years)/Kelly Clarkson (yes, for 1/2 an album) bassist Mike Watt is great. He and his band stayed at my house a couple of weeks ago on his 55 shows in 56 days
tour (playing a 30 piece each night) and was a true gentleman. He's 53, about the same age as the Joke, and can do this, while they seem to struggle to do a dozen or so shows at a time...