[kj] Wolvo & the bathrobe

Nick Scott npscott at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 20:55:28 EDT 2012

I will upload a photo I took of him sometime later today after a good
sleep. It somehow turned out hilarious with a rather camp looking
expression on his face wrapped up in his bathrobe..bless his cotton
socks.

Thought the sound mixing was a little off tonight, but I have not seen
a crowd as animated down the front in a good while, in fact it was
kicking off a little too much at times.

Really, really pissed off that for the rest of the tour they have
played one of my favourite songs Unspeakable and yet missed it out
tonight..especially considering last year when they played at
Nottingham Rock City unknown to ourselves they came on stage damned
early due to the venue turning into a nightclub afterwards and we
missed it as an opening number...grrrr.

No Tension tonight either! Otherwise no surprises than the rest of
the tour, In Cytheria seems to have been dropped live from early on
(Kind of like Raven King was on the last tour) guess they did not feel
it works well in a live environment.

Positive vibe though tonight for sure, and a very good attendance (got
to have been nearing capacity), so much better than the previous tours
they have taken in Wolverhampton Wulfrun (Hossanas, 2003) and the best
turnout I have seen there since Pandemonium.

Nice dedication to Raven with Jaz mentioning that he was upstairs
earlier and saw Raven next to Elgar (as in the wall of fame plaques of
famous people from the area) before launching into Love Like Blood.

Thought Jaz's voice really was great on the new song Pole
Shift....when I kept dipping in and out of the pit I could not help
but notice that Geordie looked more wasted than usual, his eyes were
so glazed over..either stoned, pissed or both..didn't stop him
playing...can he play without being under any influence anyway?!

Band were definitely in good spirits, and hopefully over their sickness bug.

T Shirt prices were a joke when you can buy them cheaper even with P+P online.