[kj] Youth Hates Hosannas

Nick Scott npscott at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 19 11:43:54 EST 2015

That was Kneill Brown on bass guitar, and I believe still had Benny Calvert on
drums  Have seen KJ on every tour since (apart from Democracy when they did not
play any UK dates) and Hossanas tour was a real low point, Jaz's vocal was
shot...drinking and smoking had really taken hold...would have to agree the sad
death of Raven most certainly was not just a health wake up call, but also the
catalyst to the reformation and re-evaluation.

I am personally stoked with how things have gone since 2008, and obviously not
everyone agrees ( and I wouldn't expect anything other than that on here when it
comes to Killing Joke, part of their beauty is differing opinions on songs and
albums) but for me Pylon is a joyous release only slightly marred as far as I am
concerned with the sound quality on the UK tour...hope they get things sorted
for the US tour.

Interesting support band from what I have heard as well The Soft Moon, their
post-punk/dark wave should fit in nicely I feel at gigs.