[IGDA_indies] Confidential Information

Brian Hook indies@igda.org
Wed, 21 May 2003 21:46:06 -0700

I think you're going to find that this is a losing battle.  From=

their point of view, they're "at risk" by divulging their
confidential information.  From your point of view, you're at=
 risk by
being exposed to their stuff which they may later claim you=
 "stole".

I don't think there's a clean solution to this, because if you=
 try to
protect yourself they'll likely end up thinking you're being=
 sneaky.

Probably the best license to model yourself on is a dev kit=
 license
from someone like Sony or NOA, if you can find such a thing. =
 Because
those are going to be structured knowing that the users will have=
use competing platforms as well.

But I'd be surprised if they were any less onerous.  The=
 publishers
and hardware manufacturers have all the clout, and they really=
 don't
have to budge on these issues.

Brian