[IGDA_indies] residual information

David Wallace Croft indies@igda.org
Fri, 23 May 2003 10:39:40 -0500

Tom Park,

indies-request@igda.org wrote:
> In technology consulting agreements, Residual Information
> (concepts, techniques, and know-how contained in unaided
> memory) is a common exception to Confidential Information.
> I've been successful at getting a Residuals clause put in a
> contract but it required direct involvement of an attorney,
> and I'd like to avoid having to do that for every contract.

In the past I have successfully negotiated for joint ownership without
accountability for non-application-specific reusable code libraries.  I
have never heard of Residual Information before, however.  Please post
the Residuals clause so that I may incorporate it into my contract template.

--
David Wallace Croft, President
CroftSoft Inc (www.croftsoft.com)