[IGDA_indies] organizational politics

Jason Della Rocca jason at igda.org
Thu Jul 22 17:31:25 EDT 2004

> > - Starting and Managing a Nonprofit Organization
> > - The Complete Guide to Nonprofit Management
> > - BoardSource Committee Series

These three have been very instructional in terms of org logistical, legal
requirements, etc.

> > - Common Interest Common Good
> > - Enterprising Nonprofits

These two have been much more insightful in terms of running an innovative
org that focuses on its mission, involved members and betters the community.

>A database like that for Seattle would be useful.

I am not sure what you mean by a "database" like that. The IGDA has one big
member/usre database with about 80k names in it. A search on "city =
Seattle" brings up 500+ of them...

For the Brisbane chapter, I just did a similar search into our main database.

We do not provide direct access to our database to anyone for
security/privacy reasons. But, we are developing a web interface that would
allow a chapter coordinator to print a list of members in their area (with
no contact info), and also provide an easy way to email members/user to
sign on to a chapter announce list via the main IGDA web site... Currently,
each chapter has to manage their own list and mailings. We want to provide
tools to facilitate that process and to pull names from the database in
real-time...

Jason

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jason Della Rocca
Program Director
International Game Developers Association

t: +1-514-426-1162
f: +1-514-426-1201
Montreal, Canada

http://www.igda.org/blogs/realitypanic/