[Scons-users] How do I add scons to the windows path?

Mark Brunson jfhogeboom at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 21:13:40 EDT 2013

I ran the windows installer, but I get the error "'scons' is not recognized
as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" when I
type 'scons' in the command line.

I tried adding the scons program directory to the path variable, but this
didn't do anything. I think its because there are no batch files or
executables or anything anywhere in that directory or its subdirectories.

Also for some reason the default install directory is a subfolder of
Python27/ArcGis10.1, which there doesn't seem to be an option to change. I
don't know if it has anything to do with my issue but it's wierd because I
didn't think ArcGis and scons had anything to do with each other.

What do I need to do to get scons working?