[Scons-users] SCons Wiki status: no longer read-only...

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Sep 8 05:53:43 EDT 2013

On 07.09.2013 19:39, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:

> I've installed an ApproveChanges plug-in for the SCons wiki

> (www.scons.org/wiki <http://www.scons.org/wiki>). This means

> logged-in users can edit pages as usual, but the changes go into an

> approval queue. A moderator can then approve those changes, and

> optionally allow that user to edit without approval from then on. The

> intent is to approve everyone (except spammers) the first time so you

> can then edit freely afterward. This plug-in doesn't send email when

> changes are queued, so it may take some time for your changes to show

> up on the wiki -- if it's taking a long time, just ping the dev list.

Regarding the missing notification for pending changes in the Approval
queue, I tried to read the current list via xmlrpclib from a Python
script. This could be used to automate the process a little further, I
deleted the first swoop of pages this morning and found it to be a very
dull task...ideally suited for machines. ;) (*)
But unfortunately the connection got refused with the message:

xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault 1: 'This moin wiki does not allow xmlrpc
method calls.'>

Would it be possible to switch "xmlrpclib" support back on for our Wiki,
or is this regarded as being too dangerous?

Regards,

Dirk

(*): I don't intend to automate the decision about which pages are going
into the bin and which not. But actually deleting the page involves a
number of mouse clicks...and I'd like to get rid of those.