[Scons-users] how to get bbl output of pdflatex?

Managan, Rob managan1 at llnl.gov
Wed Sep 11 17:55:39 EDT 2013

Hi David,

You seem to have found that while scons how to clean what it produces (scons –c) but at this time we consider the .bbl file a side effect of building the target .dvi or .pdf file. That means the .bbl file is not a target and if the .pdf is already built then there is no reason to regenerate it.

So yes, the tool was set up without thought to side effect files being removed by hand. If you did a scons –c then all is well. Can you elaborate on why you would have a "rm foo.bbl" in the sequence of things that happens to the files?

I have never used the CacheDir command so I am not familiar with that part of the question.

Rob Managan email managan at llnl.gov
LLNL phone: 925-423-0903
P.O. Box 808, L-095 FAX: 925-422-3389
Livermore, CA 94551-0808