[Scons-users] strange behavior with path as an array

robert zeigler robert.zeigler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 15:54:16 EDT 2013

Hi Dirk,

I realize the form is invalid, and I don't expect scons to support it. As a
user, my expectation is that scons would have detected the unsupported form
and thrown an error early. Instead, scons successfully built the project
(the first time) but evidently the hashed information about the path is
stored in a way that causes scons to think that targets are stale when they
are not. I would much rather my build system fail error with a
comprehensible error message about what's wrong with my build script.

Robert