[Scons-users] Unable to display warnings using vc10 in windows XP

Gouru, SrinivasReddy CCS Srinivas.Gouru at fs.utc.com
Wed Sep 18 13:16:22 EDT 2013

Hi

I am using SCons with VC10. I found one problem while compiling my source code in windowsXP environment. Scons is not able to displaying warnings while compiling.

It is displaying like:
= Compiling D:\source\deprivate.c
scons: *** [source\deprivate.obj] Error 2

But the warnings are displayed in windows7 environment with the same code and same compiler options.

And also am not using a --warn=no-all, --silent , --quiet options.

One thing I saw is while compiling a .C file using VC10 (“cl”) it should display .C file name. But Am not able to see that also. I am thinking like Scons is filtering all messages/Text from the compiler and only redirecting error to the output. And also I have tried the compilation command and execute it in the command prompt. I was getting the warnings. So, I thought like scons is filtering the messages which are coming from the Compiler.

How to overcome this issue?
Why it is behaving like in windows XP?
My compiler options are:

env = Environment(ENV = os.environ)

env['ENV']['TMP'] = os.environ['TMP']
env['ENV']['TEMP'] = os.environ['TEMP']
env['CCCOMSTR'] = "= Compiling $SOURCE"
env['LINKCOMSTR'] = "\n= Linking "+os.environ['_EXE_NAME']+os.environ['_EXE_EXT']
env['ARCOMSTR'] = "\n= Generating $TARGET "
env['ASCOMSTR'] = "= Assembling $SOURCE "
env.Replace(ARCOM = "$AR $ARFLAGS /OUT:$TARGET $SOURCES" )

Could you please tell me what are the possibilities like scons will filter the messages. And how it is working in windows 7.

Thanks,
Srinivas