[Scons-users] Scons VariantDir() duplicated CPPPATH and LIBPATH when compiling?

Jason Fritz jasonfritzpublic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 18:25:17 EDT 2014

Hi SCons folks,

Today I encountered a problem/peculiarity of SCons where it is duplicating
entries in CPPPATH and LIBPATH for both the src directory as well as
variant (build) directory when using VariantDir(), even though I'm using
the duplicate=0 option.

For example: -Ibuild/staticLib -Isrc/staticLib (I only want -Isrc/staticLib)

This Stack Overflow question perfectly presents an example of this
happening, so I won't try to repeat the details here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21217008/scons-variantdir-duplicated-cpppath-and-libpath-when-compiling

Is this a bug? Intended behavior? It happens in both SCons 2.0.1 and
2.3.1.

Thank you!
Jason