[Scons-users] Add `--parallel` option to automatically use all CPU threads

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Wed Apr 6 19:04:06 EDT 2022

Greetings,

There's no need to add an additional option for this.
If you can programmatically detect the # of cores (in python), you can do
this in your own code via SetOption('num_jobs', NUMBER  HERE) and even
check if num_jobs is set to 1 which is the current default value and if so
then set it to the actual number of cores.

What might work as a SCons default behavior change though, is to have -j's
default value be 0 and if 0, use some logic to set based on # of available
cores.

-Bill