[Scons-users] SCons upgrade: 2.3.0 -> recent

Stephan Schwarzmann stephan.schwarzmann at osb-connagtive.com
Fri Mar 24 04:40:40 EDT 2023

Hello,

some years back, I've inherited a project that used SCons. At that
time, we've used the scons version (<2.3.0) coming via Linux package
manager (apt).

One of the SCons updates broke our build system (I think the builds
abotred with "cyclic dependencies"), so I pinned the SCons version in
our project to 2.3.0.

Now we'd like to get rid of python2.7 dependencies and move to a recent
SCons version.

Could someone provide some information about the To-Dos, effort and
pitfalls for an upgrade to a recent version, let's say 4.5.2?

Does SCons provide backward compatibility, i.e. theoretically our build
scripts should run with a newer SCons version out-of-the-box?

Many thanks!

--
Stephan Schwarzmann
Software Developer

OSB connagtive GmbH
Hans-Fischer-Straße 12
80339 München

E-Mail: stephan.schwarzmann at osb-connagtive.com
Phone: +49 89 54 19 55 430
Homepage: www.osb-connagtive.com

Geschäftsführer / Managing directors of the company:
Robert Strassmeir, Dr. Matthias Rothmund
Amtsgericht München HRB 266952