Ant: [kj] ot: System of a Down.

Giorgio Tebaldi gftebaldi at yahoo.de
Tue Aug 2 11:59:08 EDT 2005

"Toxicity" is in my humble opinion one of the best albums I've heard in the last few years - fucking brilliant. "Mesmerize", however, is - again in my opinion - a load of crap, the artwork being the best about it. Is it worth checking out? Not if you have better things to do such as seeing your dentist of have a vasectomy.

Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> schrieb:

I had to write about these guys this week for my weekly idiocy in THE
NEW YORKER and dug some of their stuff out for the first time in a long
while. I haven't heard anything off of their new record (though I think
it boasts some of the weakest cover art of the last decade), and I've
always been somewhat put off by their ties to whistleheaded "nu metal",
but damn if "Chop Suey" from TOXICITY isn't just a striking piece of
music. When they hit those high harmonies in that middle-eight (01:56)
and again towards the finale (02:51), augmented by the piano? Holy
shit, I almost well up and cry. I find it strangely affecting.

Has anyone heard their new one? Is it worth checking out?

Alex in NYC