[kj] OT: Tookie and Arnie

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Wed Dec 14 13:50:47 EST 2005

Yeah, I understand the "what about the victims" argument, but I really
don't believe that anyone against the death penalty doesn't have the utmost
sympathy for the "victims".   It's like you gotta preface everything you
say with some sorta mention of you also caring for the poor gits on the
receiving end.   I take it for granted that someone who cares about
injustice regarding the death penalty, also cares very much for the
innocents on the receiving end of whatever took place.

In the example you give, yeah, by all means get those fuckers... I just
don't believe the State killing them is the right way to go about it.  I
could understand say, some relative killing them, or at least kicking fuck
outta them... but I don't think there's more pre-meditated and cold-blooded
killing than the death penalty. I sound like a broken record, but I just
think it's totally fucked.

I read a book once, can't recall the name, but it was writings of various
people on death row... and the whole thing of "you killed, so now we kill
you" just ain't as black and white as many would make out.   Some of these
people had made one (admittedly VERY fucked up!) mistake in their lives,
and now they were gonna be executed.  No chance to try and make amends, no
chance to try and put some good into the world, just death.   It's not a
message I agree with that comes from that.