[IGDA_indies] more opinions on the value of the IGDA (esp.forindies)

Ted Southard ted at digitalflux.com
Wed Jul 21 20:27:35 EDT 2004

This discussion reminds me of that commercial where the guy is choking and
people are sitting around talking about how to help him, but it takes
someone else to actually do it.

In other words, my view of the IGDA, based on the subscription to this
mailing list, is all talk, no action. Talking about schedules and who's view
is what and papers and calls for submission-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah...

Who cares? I mean, really, where has all this organization gotten anyone? I
haven't walked away from this mailing list with any knowledge yet. I gave up
on the IGDA website a long time ago, and especially where money was
concerned. What's the money good for? That "legal defense fund" people are
calling the IGDA? If the IGDA's legal reflex is anything like this, then I'd
rather throw myself on the mercy of the court... Or a salted pike, as if it
makes a difference.

Ted Southard
DigitalFlux Entertainment, LLC
Ted at DigitalFlux.com