[IGDA_indies] more opinions on the value of the IGDA (esp.for indies)

Jason Della Rocca jason at igda.org
Wed Jul 21 21:54:07 EDT 2004

>This was decided 1.5 years after I joined.  This focus you describe is

True, but the org still had a mission/agenda before the current re-focusing.

I agree that the biggest challenge of the org is to harness volunteer
energy. But, I disagree that it should just be for "whatever"...

That said, there is flexibility with the chapters and SIGs themselves to
define what they want to do and how they want to approach things...

>without further input and refinement from your constituency, is
>silly.  You didn't get a mandate set in stone, you got a good plan for now.

Right, fine. Forever is a long time. Still, the concept of focus is still
relevant.

>I wouldn't speak quickly on such issues in ignorance.  My friend Daniel

Sorry :(

Jason

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jason Della Rocca
Program Director
International Game Developers Association

t: +1-514-426-1162
f: +1-514-426-1201
Montreal, Canada

http://www.igda.org/blogs/realitypanic/