[IGDA_indies] organizational politics

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at indiegamedesign.com
Thu Jul 22 17:27:21 EDT 2004

Tom Spilman

> No problem.  It probably belongs on a more general IGDA
> list or on the
> boards, but this is an issue that needs discussion.

I think the slant implicitly worth taking is "how do Indies feel about
the IGDA?"  What do they want from it?  How would you actually build
local Indie communities under IGDA auspices?  or without the IGDA?  Is
organizing Indies the same as organizing people in the mainstream game
industry?  (I don't think so, we have rather different needs and
interests.)

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

"The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
                          - anonymous entrepreneur