[IGDA_indies] possible focus/purpose

Jason Della Rocca jason at igda.org
Wed Feb 9 17:30:09 EST 2005

>makes it pretty clear to me that an "Indie Game Design SIG" would have a
>raison d'etre.  In a way that an "Indie
>SIG" probably does not.

Hmm right, you are probably on to something. A generic all encompassing
"Indie SIG" just seems too broad and too unfocused.

That said, "Indie Game Design SIG" still doesn't sound right, but I get
your meaning. How about "Experimental Game Design SIG", or some title that
implies innovation that is inclusive of all those designing games (indie or
otherwise).

But, I still have to ask the question, what would such a SIG actually do?

I think it is relatively easy to pick a topic/area of interest that
developers are interested in. The hard part is coming up with a statement
of purpose...

What does everyone else think?

Jason

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jason Della Rocca
Executive Director
International Game Developers Association

t: +1-514-426-1162
f: +1-514-426-1201
Montreal, Canada

http://www.realitypanic.com/