[IGDA_indies] Results of the survey?

C Ratchet zratchet at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 14:35:46 EST 2006

All right, here's what I have so far:

All numerical ratings are on a scale of 1-5.
Highest are starred (*)

---

Question 1: What type of games are you interested in making?

* Self-published Independent: 4.36
Channel-published (i.e. Steam, RealArcade, XBox Live): 4.22
Commercial Open Source: 3.71
Casual Games (Oberon, RealArcade, etc): 3.7
Non-Commercial Open Source: 3.35
Mods: 2.67

---

Question 2: Does the Indie SIG Site need a redesign?

17 of 28 respondents say Yes.

---

Question 3: Should the SIG have chapters and meetings or just a website?

37 of 68 respondents say we should have chapters and meetings.

---

Question 4: Projects and Initiatives

People were asked to rate the following possible projects and initiatives:

* Independent Games Conference in Texas (currently there are Indie
Games Conferences in the NW (WA, OR) and in CA, but not in Texas which
is the 3rd major US gamedev area): 4.8
A Sourceforge-style environment aimed at Indie Game Developers: 3.83
Community Indie Game Development Meetings/Mod Parties with mentoring: 3.78
Independent Game-based LAN parties and/or Pro Gaming Leagues: 3.41
"Crunch Time" Reality Show and/or Podcast: 2.56

---

Question 5: Indie SIG Visibility

40 of 76 respondents don't know where to find info on the Indie SIG.

---

Essay-based answers will be released ASAP.

So, lets discuss these results. How can we work on these things?

Are there other things I should be surveying for?

Thanks
Michael