[IGDA_indies] Results of the survey?

C Ratchet zratchet at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 16:53:21 EST 2006

On 1/17/06, Christopher S. Charabaruk <chrisc at meldstar.com> wrote:
> I think it might be best to discuss these in a more interactive way, like on
> IRC. That'd be best off later this week, preferably Thursday or Friday
> evening considering my schedule.

OK, that should work for me as well. Anyone else on this list interested?
If that will work for you, I'll post this out to a few other IGDA
lists/forums as well.

> Meanwhile, here's what the numbers tell me:
> * The focus of the SIG should be on self-publishing developers and
> developers using distribution services such as Steam or RealArcade.

What type of resources do we not have that would be useful to such developers?

> * The SIG website could really use a new look, and needs to be re-organized.

We need a good web-designer that has the time to work on the site and
keep it up to date.

> * Meetings would be nice, but only a slim majority support them.

Here in Austin, we've been having meetings (just had a good one yesterday).

> * People want a conference more than a collaborative development site.

I'm already working on the initiatives to some extent.

> The essay answers would help with explaining the numbers and refining these
> points to something more helpful. I'd suggest sticking them on the SIG site
> for now, though, rather than sending them on the list. Easier to read that
> way, when one is stuck using a web-based e-mail client... :|

All right, will do ASAP.

Thanks
Michael