Tom Hunter & The Song Growing Co. December Newsletter

Tom Hunter - The Song Growing Co. list@tomhunter.com
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:24:48 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C3B8CF.473802E0

GREETINGS FROM DECEMBER! Where we live, there=92s an amazing slant to =
the sun these days as it doesn=92t seem to have the energy to get very =
high in the sky, even at noon. And damp days at 40 degrees feel colder =
than dry days at 25. And the nasturtium runners are a tangle of =
frost-dead white in an herb garden neglected because most herbs we use =
are now inside and doing well in the south-side bay window. And =
Christmas comes, relentlessly =96 outside first, in store decorations =
and lights on houses =96 and then inside, hopefully, with some time to =
sit still and wonder. Hanukkah comes too, and solstice, and Quanza. Each =
looks from a different direction into the heart of things. Each asks =
that we pay attention, deeper attention to what matters =96 family, =
friends, the earth and justice and peace, and the way great truths and =
great love are born in our own lives. May it not be too dark where you =
live. May you have a chance to sit still and wonder. May love be more at =
home in your life.

RECENT EVENT=85 Nov. was busy and full of highlights! Three, of many: =
Dinner on the 95th floor of the John Hancock Building in Chicago. Aeden =
and I worked at the national conference of the Nat. Assoc. for the =
Education of Young Children and on Fri. night we had a mini-reunion of =
several who have been to the NW Teachers Conference (publicity flyers =
available for this year, and info on the web site). Great time, =
wonderful food, and another reminder how that event has become an =
essential part of some teacher=92s years=85 Lecturer at the Robert =
McAfee Brown Lectures in Palo Alto, CA. Aside from the presentations =
(which went very well, if I do say so!), it was an overwhelming time of =
my own history =96 the bed and breakfast where I stayed is in the same =
block as the little apartment Gwen and Aeden and I shared in 1977, I did =
concerts in the late 70=92s in the same room I lectured in this time, =
people from my old youth group brought their children to the concert, =
Lizzie (who when she was 4 inspired several songs I still sing) came =
with her husband and 2 children. And the connections with Bob and Sydney =
Brown go deep. There aren=92t words for the satisfaction of songs that =
over the years have become part of people=92s lives, and their =
children=92s lives and grandparents=92=85 A letter from a music teacher =
after taking my seminar on songs and reading in Newark. He wrote that he =
and his wife both teach music, they have instruments and curriculum all =
around their house, but he rarely sits on the floor to sing and play =
with his own son. When he got home, he did, and they both loved it. =
It=92s one of the best seminar "evaluations" I=92ve ever received!

DECEMBER DATES=85 (fewer presentations, on purpose=85 more dates at =
www.tomhunter.com/upcomingevents.htm)
Dec. 3 =96 with Richard Scholtz at the Roeder Arts Fair, Bellingham, =
6-8pm
Dec. 8-9 =96 continuing residency at Wing Luke School, Seattle
Dec. 18 =96 singing with kids at Carl Cozier School, Bellingham
Dec. 24 =96 Family Christmas Eve Celebration, Mt. Baker Theater, =
Bellingham, 5pm
Look out for Jan. and Feb. =96 too busy again=85 Jan. 6-9 BER seminars =
in Denver, Salt Lake City, Seattle and Portland; later in Jan in Alaska =
and S.Calif.; in Feb to Houston, BER seminars Feb 9-12 Hartford, Long =
Island, Philadelphia, New Brunswick; later in Feb to Washington DC area

HPYE=85 Recordings make wonderful gifts =96 timeless gifts, life-time =
gifts! Check the web site to place orders =
(www.tomhunter.com/stufftobuy.htm). We want to encourage you by waiving =
all shipping fees. We will pay for shipping in Dec. for everyone who =
gets this newsletter. Just write "joy" on your order. Not only that but =
our CD collection of Christmas music "When the Silent Night Starts to =
Sing" continues at $10. Our newest CD "Still Growing" is also $10 in =
Dec. Absolutely amazing! Write "joy" on those orders too. And if you =
want anything mailed to another address, we can do that. We=92ll even =
sign them if you want, and with special messages if you tell us what to =
say=85 Many people have found the song "In Many Different Ways" useful =
at this time of year because it encourages us to listen. It=92s on the =
web site (www.tomhunter.com/sheetmusic.htm) - music and all - and it=92s =
yours for the taking=85 Please do check out what else is available on =
the web site (www.tomhunter.com), and write us notes about anything at =
all. Pass the word about this newsletter too, so folks can sign up. =
Little by little, our numbers grow=85 Cheers to you all. May we sing and =
live so there really will be peace on earth=85

-------

THE SONG GROWING CO.
1225 E. Sunset Dr., #518
Bellingham, WA  98226
(360) 738-0340
fax: (360) 734-0295
www.tomhunter.com
------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C3B8CF.473802E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff><FONT face=3DArial>
<DIV><STRONG>GREETINGS FROM DECEMBER!</STRONG> Where we live, there=92s =
an amazing=20
slant to the sun these days as it doesn=92t seem to have the energy to =
get very=20
high in the sky, even at noon. And damp days at 40 degrees feel colder =
than dry=20
days at 25. And the nasturtium runners are a tangle of frost-dead white =
in an=20
herb garden neglected because most herbs we use are now inside and doing =
well in=20
the south-side bay window. And Christmas comes, relentlessly =96 outside =
first, in=20
store decorations and lights on houses =96 and then inside, hopefully, =
with some=20
time to sit still and wonder. Hanukkah comes too, and solstice, and =
Quanza. Each=20
looks from a different direction into the heart of things. Each asks =
that we pay=20
attention, deeper attention to what matters =96 family, friends, the =
earth and=20
justice and peace, and the way great truths and great love are born in =
our own=20
lives. May it not be too dark where you live. May you have a chance to =
sit still=20
and wonder. May love be more at home in your life.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>RECENT EVENT=85</STRONG> Nov. was busy and full of =
highlights! Three,=20
of many: <U>Dinner on</U> <U>the 95<SUP>th</SUP> floor of the John =
Hancock=20
Building in Chicago</U>. Aeden and I worked at the national conference =
of the=20
Nat. Assoc. for the Education of Young Children and on Fri. night we had =
a=20
mini-reunion of several who have been to the NW Teachers Conference =
(publicity=20
flyers available for this year, and info on the web site). Great time, =
wonderful=20
food, and another reminder how that event has become an essential part =
of some=20
teacher=92s years=85 <U>Lecturer at the Robert McAfee Brown Lectures in =
Palo Alto,=20
CA</U>. Aside from the presentations (which went very well, if I do say =
so!), it=20
was an overwhelming time of my own history =96 the bed and breakfast =
where I=20
stayed is in the same block as the little apartment Gwen and Aeden and I =
shared=20
in 1977, I did concerts in the late 70=92s in the same room I lectured =
in this=20
time, people from my old youth group brought their children to the =
concert,=20
Lizzie (who when she was 4 inspired several songs I still sing) came =
with her=20
husband and 2 children. And the connections with Bob and Sydney Brown go =
deep.=20
There aren=92t words for the satisfaction of songs that over the years =
have become=20
part of people=92s lives, and their children=92s lives and =
grandparents=92=85 <U>A=20
letter from a music</U> <U>teacher after taking my seminar on songs and =
reading=20
in Newark</U>. He wrote that he and his wife both teach music, they have =

instruments and curriculum all around their house, but he rarely sits on =
the=20
floor to sing and play with his own son. When he got home, he did, and =
they both=20
loved it. It=92s one of the best seminar "evaluations" I=92ve ever =
received!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>DECEMBER DATES=85</STRONG> (fewer presentations, on=20
purpose=85&nbsp;more dates at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.tomhunter.com/upcomingevents.htm"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D3>www.tomhunter.com/upcomingevents.htm</FONT></A><FONT=20
size=3D3>)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Dec. 3</STRONG> =96 with Richard Scholtz at the Roeder Arts =
Fair,=20
Bellingham, 6-8pm</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Dec. 8-9</STRONG> =96 continuing residency at Wing Luke =
School,=20
Seattle</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Dec. 18</STRONG> =96 singing with kids at Carl Cozier =
School,=20
Bellingham</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Dec. 24</STRONG> =96 Family Christmas Eve Celebration, Mt. =
Baker=20
Theater, Bellingham, 5pm</DIV>
<DIV><EM>Look out for Jan. and Feb. =96 too busy again=85 Jan. 6-9 BER =
seminars in=20
Denver, Salt Lake City, Seattle and Portland; later in Jan in Alaska and =

S.Calif.; in Feb to Houston, </EM><EM>BER seminars Feb 9-12 Hartford, =
Long=20
Island, Philadelphia, New Brunswick; later in Feb to Washington DC=20
area</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>HPYE=85</STRONG> Recordings make wonderful gifts =96 =
timeless gifts,=20
life-time gifts! Check the web site to place orders (<A=20
href=3D"http://www.tomhunter.com/stufftobuy.htm"><FONT=20
size=3D3>www.tomhunter.com/stufftobuy.htm</FONT></A>).&nbsp;We want to =
encourage=20
you by waiving all shipping fees. <STRONG>We will pay for shipping in=20
Dec.</STRONG> for everyone who gets this newsletter. Just write "joy" on =
your=20
order. Not only that but <STRONG>our CD collection of Christmas music =
"When the=20
Silent Night Starts to Sing" continues at $10. Our newest CD "Still =
Growing" is=20
also $10 in Dec.</STRONG> Absolutely amazing! Write "joy" on those =
orders too.=20
And if you want anything mailed to another address, we can do that. =
We=92ll even=20
sign them if you want, and with special messages if you tell us what to =
say=85=20
Many people have found the song "In Many Different Ways" useful at this =
time of=20
year because it encourages us to listen. It=92s on the web site&nbsp;(<A =

href=3D"http://www.tomhunter.com/sheetmusic.htm">www.tomhunter.com/sheetm=
usic.htm</A>)&nbsp;-=20
music and all -&nbsp;and it=92s yours for the taking=85 Please do check =
out what=20
else is available on the web site (<FONT size=3D3><A=20
href=3D"http://www.tomhunter.com">www.tomhunter.com</A></FONT>), and =
write us=20
notes about anything at all. Pass the word about this newsletter too, so =
folks=20
can sign up. Little by little, our numbers grow=85 Cheers to you all. =
<STRONG>May=20
we sing and live so there really will be peace on earth=85</STRONG>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3><STRONG>
<HR>
</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3><STRONG>THE SONG GROWING =
CO.</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>1225 E. Sunset Dr., #518</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>Bellingham, WA&nbsp; 98226</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>(360) 738-0340</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>fax: (360) 734-0295</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><A href=3D"http://www.tomhunter.com"><FONT=20
size=3D3>www.tomhunter.com</FONT></A><FONT size=3D2>=20
</FONT></FONT></DIV></DIV></FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C3B8CF.473802E0--