Many a Musing from Tom Hunter

Tom Hunter - The Song Growing Co. list at tomhunter.com
Mon Nov 19 17:48:19 EST 2007

Many a Musing...

Greetings to you all as Thanksgiving week arrives. We're sending you a shorter edition of "many a musing" with a longer poetic Happy Thanksgiving. Last year I wrote a poem and many of you sent thoughtful responses, so we're trying another one. Last year's poem, "In These Days of Hype and Lights," complete with public domain art added by Doug in Coeur d'Alene, ID, is available on our web site. Click here to go directly to the Resources page. The visuals make it extra moving.

Also available on the resources page are three songs specifically recorded so you can download them free - just take 'em! I'm particularly eager to get your response to "As Human As They Can Be." The blessing on the resource page (in sheet music) is being used in several churches. Take that too if you want, or ignore it if you don't. All of these things - poems, songs, blessing - are our gifts to you. Feel free to spread them around however you want, and mention our website when appropriate.

The seasonal push for gifts is upon us. What better gift than songs? We have a bunch of good songs on good recordings awaiting your order. Click here to go to our Recordings & Books page. If you want CD's autographed before we send them out, let us know. With that, we hope you have a wonderful week with at least a little time for "moments saved from scurrying."

A Moment Saved

A moment saved from scurrying,

A moment set apart

To sit before the children come,