Many a Musing from Tom Hunter

Tom Hunter - The Song Growing Co. list at tomhunter.com
Fri Dec 14 18:55:46 EST 2007

Many a Musing...

Greetings to you all from a cold and drizzly December day. Big thanks to you who commented on the poem we sent in our last musing, and to you who ordered CD's to send around as gifts. We even signed a few before sending them out. There's still time to order if you want to. Any orders received here by the end of Tuesday, Dec. 18 will be mailed in time for you to have them for Christmas. Everything on the web site is available. Click here to go directly to our Recordings & Books page. Also check the "Resources" page for songs and articles to download. It's very satisfying to know that many of you have passed around "As Human as They Can Be."

A question: Why does 38 degrees and damp feel colder than 20 degrees and dry?

A thought from Mary Oliver: "Can one be passionate about the just, the ideal, the sublime, and the holy, and yet commit no labor in its cause? I don't think so." (It's from "What I Have Learned So Far" in the wonderful book of poems, Leading From Within - I highly recommend it.) All last week I was in New England presenting seminars for teachers and every day experienced their passion - in our singing together, in tears and laughter, in stories about kids, in the desire to make our labor even more effective. Thank you teachers (and parents) for what you do day after day. With a break coming, may you find some quietness to enjoy, may you have moments that feed your passion, and may your new year be fantastic! Until next time.

THE SONG GROWING CO.
1225 E. Sunset Dr., #518
Bellingham, WA 98226
(360) 738-0340